Friday, July 24, 2009

Landlord Puts ANTM Winner CariDee English on Blast!


America's Next Top Model cycle 7 winner CariDee English may be someone you never want to rent an apartment to.

The story goes like this: CariDee (and her boyfriend Ryan Sheckler?) subleased a Brooklyn apartment for two weeks through Craigslist, but when the apartment's owner returned yesterday she alleges that the apartment was in such a mess she will not be returning CariDee's security deposit. Plus, she wants to warn prospective apartment owners and has sent the below e-mail to Caridee, which she CC'ed to everyone else:

[IN CASE YA'LL WERE WONDERING HOW IT WORKED OUT. BTW: MODELS EAT POPTARTS, CUP 'O NOODLE AND FROZEN SKOR BARS.]

Ryan and CariDee,

I was shocked when I returned home yesterday to find a hole in the middle of my living room wall that was made during your stay. Coincidentally it's about the same size as the remote control, which is also broken. For this, I will be keeping your deposit.

Along with that, there was fake orange tan dust all over everything: the pillows, the sheets, the towels, the bathmat, the walls, everywhere. The icing on the cake were the short black hairs all over the entire bathroom, as well as black sludge and lipstick smeared along walls. Fruit flies formed a thick cloud in the kitchen. Bandaids stuck to the floor, etc. etc. etc. Both puzzling and sickening.

People on Craigslist rent out their homes, not their hotel rooms. It's for mature, respectful people. If you throw things at walls, you are neither. Tanning dust, black sludge, black hairs hairs, and wall holes are for hotel rooms where a maid comes everyday. I've been doing this for five years, and I've never had anyone treat my home this way.

I don't think that you two were intentionally disrespectful--I can see you two tried to wash the sheets--it's probably just how you roll. But if you roll that way, stay in a hotel. Take responsibility for your profoundly tantastic lives.

If I hear about you renting off Craigslist again, I will post my story of the Tanning Dust/Black Sludge Nightmare as a warning to other renters. Actually I just might do that anyway, after I get done cleaning the bathroom, which should take a week. Regardless, no more Craigslist for you two.

[Name Redacted]

P.S. You left your diarrhea medicine on the floor.


Grease!

For the record, CariDee denies the landlord's allegations.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment