Friday, July 10, 2009

Ben Affleck Says Jennifer Lopez Ruined His Career


Ben Affleck - remember him? - blames the demise of his acting career on his relationship with Jennifer Lopez. Or was the publicity surrounding his relationship with Jennifer? Or was it the horrible movies (Gigli, Jersey Girl) they made together? Whatever it was, something ruined his career.

"I was no longer in control of my life. I thought I wanted certain things, but I didn't. I got lost. I felt suffocated, miserable and gross. I should never have gone down that route or got sucked in to all the publicity," he says.

"I was typecast as myself. Too many people weren't getting past what they read about me. That was damaging. I can tell from experience it's bad for you, and bad for your career. So I took a break, went away for a while and let things calm down."

Ben dated Jennifer from 2002 to 2004, when they called off their wedding and went their separate ways; "Bennifer" was over. Both are now married - to other people - and have children.

source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment