Monday, October 26, 2009

Magic Johnson Accuses Isiah Thomas of Spreading Gay Rumors About Him


Former basketball player Magic Johnson is throwing grease in his new book "When the Game was Ours." Most of the grease is hurled at Isiah Thomas.
Magic admits that he conspired with Michael Jordan and other players to keep Isiah off the 1992 Olympic team, which was nicknamed the Dream Team.

"Nobody on that team wanted to play with him," Magic writes. "Michael didn't want to play with him. Scottie [Pippen] wanted no part of him. Bird wasn't pushing for him. Karl Malone didn't want him. Who was saying, 'We need this guy?' Nobody."

But the book gets juicer when Magic accuses Isiah of spreading rumors he was gay after his bombshell 1991 announcement he was HIV-positive.

"Isiah kept questioning people about it," Magic writes. "I couldn't believe that. The one guy I could count on had all these doubts. It was like he kicked me in the stomach."

Isiah vehemently denies the accusations to Sports Illustrated.

“I’m really hurt, and I really feel taken advantage of for all these years,” he said. “I’m totally blindsided by this. Every time that I’ve seen Magic, he has been friendly with me....I didn’t know he felt this way....I wish he would have had the courage to say this stuff to me face to face, as opposed to writing it in some damn book to sell and he can make money off it."

Weird.

Remember the $25 million 2007 sexual harassment lawsuit brought by Jonatahn Lee Riches against Isiah?

Jonatahn claimed: "I've known Isiah Thomas since 1993 when he played basketball for the Detroit Pistons. I lived near Coatesville Pennsylvania where current NBA guard for the Detroit Pistons Richard "rip" Hamilton" is from. We all used to play basketball pickup games at CASH Highschool on Rt. 30. This is where I had my first encounter sexually with Isiah Thomas around October 1995. After a pickup game, Isiah Thomas took me in back of some porta potties and began French Kissing me. He pulled out $1,000 dollars and told me not to tell my mother and he will continue to send me money in return of him sending me love letters."

Granted, Jonatahn, who made these accusations from behind bars and was known for filing frivolous lawsuits, is a total nutcase -- but and however, he may be telling the truth about this one. It adds up. How You Doin' Isiah!


source, source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chile... I ain't buying it. Word is the late Jermaine Stewart was a VERY CLOSE friend of Magic and supposedly had courtside seats. Remember Jermaine's hits? "We Don't Have to Take Our Clothes Off," and the one I like that's so befitting "The WORD is OUT"

So How U Doin' Magic?

Anonymous said...

I was just about to say.. I remember reading a Sista2Sista mag and Jermaine Stewart (R.I.P) had some weird things to say about Magic's situation. I just remember being puzzled about what he was "really" trying to say in the article.

Anonymous said...

In 1990, a friend of mine, who used to be in Jermaine Stewart's band, used to tell me Jermaine was sleeping with Magic Johnson. I thought he was bullshitting until years later JS is dead from an AIDS related illness and MJ is announcing he has AIDS. MJ might not be into bisexuality any more but, he certainly was back in the 80s. No doubt in my mind.

Post a Comment