Monday, November 16, 2009

Joe Jackson to Janet: 'Call Me Joseph, I'm Joseph to You'


In an exclusive interview, Janet Jackson sits down with ABC News' Robin Roberts this Wednesday. Janet speaks about the day she learned of her brother's death (she was in New York when she heard the news) and says Dr Conrad Murray is "responsible" for her brother's death.

But, it's her relationship with papa Joe that had our ears perked up.

We always wondered why no one called him dad, Janet explains:

"I was very young, very young. I can't remember the exact age, but very young, younger than ten, younger than nine. ...I remember when I had called him daddy, and he said, 'No, you call me Joseph, I'm Joseph to you.' Never said it again....We called mother -- everybody called mother, mother. So I don't know, I don't know why. And I've never asked. I've never questioned it. It is what it is, and I just let it go. Joseph."

As a young girl, Janet had aspirations of going to college to study business law and becoming an actress, but Joe vetoed that.

"My father said, 'I think you'll make more money singing than as an actress... And that was it," Janet said. "Obviously, he saw something. And it's sad that it takes away your childhood. If I had to do it all over again, would I go about it the same way? I would really have to think about that."

And, as for losing her brother whom she loved so much, Janet says:
"It's still so difficult for me to believe. It's, you know, you have to accept what is. But it's hard. You have to move on with your life. You have to accept what is and I understand that."

The interview airs Wednesday at 10pm on ABC.

BTW, a flash mob converged on The Grove in Los Angeles last Saturday to perform a Janet Jackson medley. And guess who was in attendance to watch? Janet.




source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment