Monday, May 16, 2011

Former College Baller, Musician Comes Out of the Closet


The same day CNN officially became the How You Doin' cable news network, Will Sheridan, who was a star basketball player at Villanova University, kicked the closet door open. While his sexuality was no secret to his teammates or anyone who knows him, the 26-year-old tells ESPN "I'm trying to have a voice, and I want that voice to reach as many people as it can. I mean, look at me. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm like a quadruple minority, and I feel like a little piece of me resides in everybody. Maybe there's a kid out there who doesn't think he's OK, and he can look at me and say, 'OK, he played college basketball. He went overseas. He has a music career and now he's living his life. Now he's who he wants to be and he's happy and confident and comfortable.' It's my responsibility to talk about that." Will is also a musician. Get into this video for his first single, "Welcome to the Jungle".



It's a great day for the Rainbow Coalition.

source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment