Monday, October 8, 2012

Man Dies After Winning Cockroach-Eating Contest

Yes, this happened in Florida. The winner of a cockroach-eating contest collapsed and later died after eating dozens of live cockroaches and worms. The man -- 32-year-old Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach, won the contest at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach on Friday. The grand prize was a python. A donkey gonna do, what a gonna do. That is all. The store says they're not to blame and Edward's family can't sue them. “All participants in the contest were entirely aware of what they were doing and that they signed thorough waivers accepting responsibility for their participation in this unique and unorthodox contest. The consumption of insects is widely accepted throughout the world, and the insects presented as part of the contest were taken form an inventory of insects that are safely and domestically raised in a controlled environment as food for reptiles. Once Mr. Archbold showed signs of distress, his companion represented that he had summoned emergency personnel and was going to immediately take him to the hospital. Moments later, Mr.Siegel made an independent call to 911 and Mr. Archbold was administered CPR. Mr. Siegel and his staff did all that anyone could to try and help Mr. Archbold, and they send out their deepest sympathy to the family.” UPDATE: Here's live video of the roach-eating contest. The man in the white headband is Edward. *barf*
 source: WPTV
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...


Post a Comment