Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Michelle Obama's Hairstylist is Getting a Reality Show




First Lady Michelle Obama isn't taking her hairstylist with her to the White House. But alas, Johnny Wright (How You Doin'), may be coming to a television screen soon.

The Los Angeles-based hairstylist who teased and popped, straighten and curled Michelle Obama's hair for the Democratic National Convention and her upcoming Vogue magazine cover, is getting his own reality show.

Johnny has signed a development deal with 44 Blue, which produces the Emmy-nominated "Split Ends" on the Style Network.

He's also styled Anita Baker, Vivica A. Fox, Lauren London, and Vanessa Williams.


Read what he says about his experience with the now First Lady and the styling methods he used on her hair.


You know, I was very nervous with that particular booking. I was highly screened before I was even allowed to walk into her room — and I totally understand that. Whatever it took for me to be booked with her.... It’s just great working with her. She’s never picky; she never asks me for things I probably can’t do. She’s very understanding.
... Sometimes I flat-iron her hair under, or I use a ceramic curling iron to flip it out at the ends a little bit. With a flat iron she’s going to be able to lock the moisture in the hair. Because she has to get her hair done so often, the flat iron is probably the best tool for her. For an updo, I might do some cascading curls according to how formal the event she’s attending is, but mostly I give her a clean sweep up.



Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment