Monday, February 2, 2009

Michael Phelps Knows the Chief!


Olympian Michael Phelps has got some 'xplainin' to do.

News of the World published this photo of the swimmer, and winner of 14 gold medals at two Olympics, sucking on a marijuana bong at a University of South Carolina party last November.

A source tells the paper:
You could tell Michael had smoked before. He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do. He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits. Michael ended up getting a little paranoid, though, because before too long he looked like he was nervous and ran out of the place.”


Recognizing this can cause him to lose the millions and millions of dollars in endorsement deals, he had his PR team write this statement.

I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I’m 23 years old and despite the successes I’ve had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

In 2004 after competing in the Olympics in Athens, Greece, he was arrested for DUI.

This sounds like a trend: he gets into trouble after competing in the Olympics.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment