Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Skinny Beauty Queen Fights Anorexic Rumors


Miss Universe Australia finalist Stephanie Naumoska has hit back at claims she is anorexic and insists she is a healthy role model for women.

The 19-year-old, who's 5'11" and claims to weigh 108 lbs, appeared on "Good Morning America", says she wanted to "defend all the skinny girls out there."

The beauty contestant sparked a debate about models' weight, when she appeared in a red string bikini at Australia's Miss Universe Pageant earlier this month.

"I've never been anorexic or bulimic. I've never been malnourished or underfed. I live a healthy, active lifestyle,' she told Good Morning America," she told Diane Sawyer. "I think I'm a positive role model for girls. I definitely think I've been victimized. I was singled out at that competition. I want to defend all the skinny girls out there, all the celebrities and people who get criticized about their appearance. Some people are naturally skinny.'

She insisted she never deprived herself of anything and was shocked her appearance on the competition caused such a backlash.

"I'll never forget that moment I found out," she said. "I woke up in my hotel room. I was looking in the mirror, and I saw the reflection of the TV behind me. I've never cried more in my entire life. I think that it's horrible. They don't know me and they don't know what I eat every morning or for lunch or dinner. They probably don't think I eat anything, but I do. I'm very hurt and upset by what they've been saying. I think it's very unfair,and I also think it's very unfair just to all the other girls out there who have the same body type as myself."

Health officials said Stephanie has a body mass index of just 15.1 - well under the benchmark of 18.5 for underweight; experts say a healthy weight for someone her height is 135 pounds.

> For the record; We don't believe she is anorexic. Skinny. Yes.

source

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't have to say she is, but she looks like it. Naturally skinny doesn't look like that, they still have curves. I know plenty of slim chicks that don't have the whole pelvic bone sticking out. She might not have a eating disorder, but there is no way you can make me believe she is happy when it comes to eating...something isn't right

Anonymous said...

she looks good to me, she doesnt look sick. skinny is a look that not everyone can pull off. if you look good skinny, be skinny. if you look bad skinny then gain weight. she looks good skinny.

invie said...

She's 19. Everyone's body is different. My pelvic bone sticks out and i'm not anorexic and I eat all the time. Just because your body isn't the same don't claim that someone else has a disorder. It's true the naturally skinny body type is the most rare. This is probably why people who aren't naturally skinny and I mean skinny not slim, think we have issues. I can do pull ups and chin ups. I'm a girl. I'm 28, 5'10 and 115 pounds. I eat about 2400 calories a day. Don't judge others because they are different from you. Not all skinny ppl are naturally skinny but i'm tired of ppl picking on us.

bella said...

naturally skinny myself 5"8 105 lbs mom of two healthy beautiful kids..i am always under scrutiny of what i eat..even though i am a cook/chef.. if this model is living a healthy lifestyle i can vouch for her..People- eat healthy and heartedly..enjoy food and celebrate your body however it looks. dont aspire to change your body type to another its not cause it wont look right on you...and embrace those people in your life that love you for who you are

Post a Comment