Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tameka Foster Speaks on Surgery, Divorce, Paternity Test Rumors


After months of silence, Tameka Foster Raymond is doing her best to clear up the barrage of rumors that have been circulating around her divorce from Usher, the plastic surgery that almost killed her, the paternity of her youngest child, and her disdain for an Atlanta-based blogger.

Here's the interview Tameka gave to blogger Lashonda.

Sorry to change the topic, but there is a strong rumor that you threatened violence against a specific Atlanta based blogger due to she was stating multiple unconfirmed details regarding your divorce. Would you like to address this?
The rumor is actually quite boring, juvenile, yet hilarious. Ironically, I never knew of her or her blog until an associate alerted me about her and her erroneous remarks. I think the case with SO many bloggers is that there are good ones and there are those that are negative. When did they become a credible source on my life? I believe some of their blogs are actually erected to fulfill a certain void or insecurity within the writer. Deplorably, most don’t bother to “fact” check, they just sensationalize, repeat rumors or make them up in hopes of more hits and the possibilities from potential advertisers, I’ve learned. Those with malicious agendas don’t want the truth anyway. However, for the record - Be clear, I don’t do very much anonymously nor do I make threats, I’m a grown woman and there’s no need for me to make silly threats. Especially to the likes of disgruntled “Mean Girl” types hiding behind keyboards. Goodness, where do they find the time? In other words I did NOT threaten this Atlanta-based blogger.

Being in the spotlight is never easy. And the paparazzi have definitely gone after you regarding your high profile relationship. In one incident, I recall an unflattering picture from a photo shoot that circulated the blogs for quite some time. This one picture lead many people to believe that you developed a complex about your personal appearance and sought cosmetic surgery in Brazil because of that. Is this true?
Yes, there is an unauthorized altered photo that was taken with the intent of being a head shot (ie; to be cropped at the chest), it was not styled at all and shot at the end of a shoot. Unfortunately, it got into the wrong hands and a little Photoshop work is done and ‘voila’ you have a bad and funny shot of someone’s wife. A real knee-slapper. As far as my experience in Brazil, I NEVER had any cosmetic surgery done at all. I was to undergo a standard 30-40 min procedure and I had an adverse reaction to the anesthesia, nothing was ever started or happened. Never was there a planned ‘tummy tuck’ as reported. I have had nothing done aside from being birthed from parents blessed with awesome health and good genetics. I love me/ my body yet for a brief moment I got a little caught up in the Worldly perception of beauty and made an impromptu, unwise decision that I learned a valuable lesson from, I was only two months post delivery. I thank God for all that he has blessed me with. There are no complexes, no shortcuts and to stay focused is the answer.

So, you never went into cardiac arrest as stated by the media outlets?
Yes I did, but it was due to an adverse reaction to the anesthesia.

There are also reports that Usher requested a DNA test to see if he is the biological father of your 7-month old son Naviyd. Is this true?
It’s insane. I think the pseudo-DNA Request first ran in the National Enquirer, somewhere between them purporting lewd things about Michelle Obama and underneath the headline that we had captured Osama Bin Laden lol. Many bloggers like the aforementioned Atlanta woman continue to circulate these fraudulent news pieces, so it’s like I don’t even need to discredit them because they discredit themselves. My husband even found it appalling. He was present for the births of both children and would never deny them. We both find it rude and absurd.

Do you still love your husband?
There is a quote I have always loved from author Franklin P. Jones! ”Love doesn’t make the world go ’round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”

With stories and rumors emerging every other day, how are you coping being under the public eye?
The media, as well as public scrutiny can be a beast but I have learned it is best to ignore it and I have ignored it for over two years now. Some of the love, hate, pure ignorance, attention and multiple keystrokes that are devoted to me is actually flattering as opposed to hurtful. To garner such a devotion of energy be it positive or even the not so positive tells me I’m obviously well received and rarely go unnoticed. Its all love no matter how you slice it.

source

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment