Thursday, October 29, 2009

Chaz Bono Talks About Transitioning From Female to Male


Chaz Bono, the son of Sonny and Cher, gave his first interview since beginning his transition from female to male to Entertainment Tonight. Chaz made the announcement last June and in the two-part interview, which begins airing tonight, he talks about the emotion and physical transformation.

He tells ET: “I always felt like the male from the time I was a child. There wasn’t much feminine about me. I believe that gender is something between your ears not between your legs. That is something I discovered in the early '90s. It was just a long process of being comfortable enough to do something about it. I was turning 40 and I thought it’s now or never. I want to still feel vibrant and be able to enjoy my life in a male body and not wait until I am an old man.”

On male hormones:
“I started in March. It lowered my voice. Fat redistributes, muscle growth, hair growth, sex drive increases. It doesn’t change anything mentally and emotionally. [I'm] still not anywhere near what I will look like but really for the first time I am feeling much more comfortable with how I look physically.”

On having his breasts removed:
“Most people call it top surgery. The construction of the male chest from a female chest. When I went through puberty and started to grow breasts, it was very uncomfortable and emotional.”

On having surgery down there:
“That’s a personal decision and I don’t really feel comfortable talking about anything below the waist.”

On how the changes will progress:
“I will be changing for about 4 to 5 years in total but I’ll be on testosterone for the rest of my life. The nice thing about this process is it is slow. I am literally going through puberty.”


source, pic
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment