Wednesday, March 13, 2013

2-year-old Boy Ate Used Condom He Found at McDonald's Play Area

Remember the story from a few years ago about a 4-year-old boy who found a used condom in a motel room and ate it? We don't know how that lawsuit turned out, but a similar case happened in Illinois. A Chicago mother has slapped McDonald's with a lawsuit claiming her 3-year-old son ate a used condom he found in the play area of a McDonald's restaurant in Gage Park, Illinois.
Anishi Spencer filed the suit Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court on behalf of herself and her young sons, Jacquel and Jonathan Hines. Jonathan, then 3, and Jacquel, 2, were at the restaurant at 5733 S. Kezie Ave. on Feb. 4, 2012, when they allegedly found the used condom on the play area floor, Spencer claims in the suit. The mother claims Jacquel later coughed up a piece of the condom, the suit says. Both toddlers had to receive medical treatment because of the incident. The suit accuses McDonalds Corp. and McDonalds of Illinois of failing to properly clean hazardous debris from an area used by children. It also blames the restaurant chain for not using surveillance or inspections to uncover any “deviant activities” at its eatery. A message left with representatives for the Oak Brook-based company were not returned Wednesday night. The three-count premises liability lawsuit claims negligence and seeks compensation for the children’s medical treatment. It seeks at least $50,000 in damages.

source: Sun-Times
"Deviant activities?"

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...


Post a Comment