Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Man in Coma After Liquid Nitrogen Dumped into Pool During Party

A pool party in Mexico went horrifically wrong when organisers poured liquid nitrogen into the water, leaving one partygoer in a coma and eight others in hospital. According to reports at the party, which was hosted by drinks company J├Ągermeister on Saturday, staff tried to create a smoke effect by pouring four buckets of the substance into the pool. The liquid nitrogen reacted dangerously with the chlorine in the water, creating a poisonous cloud which left partygoers fighting to breathe, health officials said. Some partygoers fell unconscious and slipped under the water while those outside the pool called for help. Nine victims were pulled from the pool by paramedics and rushed to the nearby Campestre Medical Hospital in Leon, where many were diagnosed with cardiovascular problems. One victim, 21-year-old Jose Ignacio Lopez del Toro, remains in a coma in intensive care.

source: Mirror
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...


Post a Comment