Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Floyd Mayweather's Baby Mama Slaps Him With $20 Million Defamation Lawsuit


Days after winning the boxing match against Manny Pacquiao and, as a result, added more than $180 million to his bank account, Floyd Mayweather is at the receiving end of a lawsuit. His former girlfriend and mother of his three children, Josie Harris, has filed a $20 million defamation lawsuit against the convicted woman beater after said convicted woman beater denied being a woman beater in a recent interview and accused her of doing drugs.
Josie Harris, mother of three children with Mayweather, claimed she’s been harmed by Mayweather’s lies to Katie Couric in an interview shown on Yahoo Global News two weeks ago. Not only did Mayweather deny beating Harris, the boxer said he had to “restrain” her because she was high on drugs during the 2010 incident in Las Vegas. “Did I kick, stomp and beat someone? No, that didn’t happen,” Floyd told Couric. “I look in your face and say, ‘No, that didn’t happen.’ “Did I restrain a woman that was on drugs?” he continued. “Yes, I did. So if they say that’s domestic violence, then, you know what? I’m guilty. I’m guilty of restraining someone.” The courts didn’t share Mayweather’s view of the facts. He was convicted of misdemeanor domestic battery and served two months behind bars in 2012. Mayweather said he was only convicted because he’s black and successful. “I’m black. I’m rich. And I’m outspoken. Those are three strikes right there,” he said, explaining away the conviction. Harris filed her civil complaint against Mayweather on Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, a rep for her attorney said. [...] Mayweather’s 2010 beating of Harris was particularly disturbing because he did it in front of his young son. Koraun Mayweather, 10 at the time, wrote a statement to police describing the attack: “I saw my dad on my mom … my dad was hitting her.”

source: NY Post
In 2014, Josie gave this interview to USA Today in which she spoke of the abuse she suffered at the hands of the 38-year-old convicted woman beater. (According to his Wikipedia page, Floyd has been convicted of beating at least four women, including Josie.)

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment