Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Meanwhile, in Florida

Curtis Williams, 29, of Gainesville -- with the help of his girlfriend, Shakayla Taylor, 21 -- kidnapped the mother of his child (Natasha Jones) from a college campus then drove her to his girlfriend's apartment approximately 535 miles away in Harvey, Louisiana.
The woman disappeared after leaving class at City College in Gainesville around 10 a.m. on Monday. Classmates reported that she left behind her books, a cell phone, her purse and other personal property, according to the Alachua County Sheriff's Office in Florida. Williams had approached the woman from behind, put her in a rear chokehold, pulled out a pistol and told her to come with him or he would kill her, the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office arrest report said. He forced her into a nearby Ford Mustang driven by Taylor, the report said. Williams' girlfriend began to drive to the New Orleans area while he continued to point the gun at the mother of his child. A short time later, the woman contacted a classmate and asked if she would pick up her child from day care. But the woman did not explain why or how long she would be gone. When asked if she was in danger, the woman told the classmate, "Yes," the Alachua County Sheriff's Office said. During the drive to Louisiana, the woman reported that Taylor goaded Williams, telling him he should just kill her, the arrest report said. The couple argued heatedly, with Taylor holding firm that Williams should end the woman's life, the report said. But Williams told his girlfriend that he did not want his child to grow up without a mother and a father. At some point during the trip, Williams raped the woman while Taylor waited in the vehicle, the Jefferson Parish arrest report said. The three eventually arrived at Taylor's apartment, 2700 Whitney Ave., Harvey.

source: Times-Picayune
Early Tuesday morning, sheriff deputies established contact with Natasha via cellphone. To make sure her captors didn't realize what was happening, the deputy on the phone with Natasha pretended to be a doctor calling about the baby while officials traced the call. She told police she had been injured and Curtis was holding her at gunpoint. Using an emergency trace, the investigators tracked her call to her location. Authorities then swooped down on the apartment and arrested Curtis Tuesday morning as he walked outside. Inside the apartment, investigators found Natasha and treated her for her injuries. Curtis and Shakayla were charged with kidnapping. Curtis was also booked with being a fugitive from another jurisdiction where he will be booked with kidnapping and felony battery once extradited.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...


Post a Comment