Monday, March 9, 2009

Keri Hilson Takes Back Diss Record, Ciara Responds


Keri Hilson made a record called "Turnin' Me On", which is supposedly dissing Beyoncรจ and Ciara.

She's gotta be kidding, right?

Well, it turns out she was.

The lyrics in question are:
“Your vision cloudy if you think that you the best / You can dance
She can sing, but need to move it to the left / She need to go have some babies / She need to sit down, she fake ... Go ’head and tell these folks how long I’ve been writing your songs / I been putting you on / Just check the credits, ho, and if you want me, you can find me in Decatur, ho.”

Oh, snap! Dem some fighting words.

Last weekend Ciara and producer Palow da Don visited Atlanta's V103 radio station and (shocking) Keri called in.

The backpeddling conversation went like this:

Keri: “I just want to tell Ciara it’s not about you. People are just reading way too far into it. People take things and make it what they want it to be. It wasn’t taking shots at nobody.”

Ciara: "Cool...I guess everybody is here to listen to what Keri said and I take it for that. From my end, it’s always been nothing but love for you. I was very happy for you to get where you are.”

Keri: “I know that’s sincere. It is the same coming from me when I tell you that I’m proud of you. I’ve always meant that and I always do mean that. I’ve watched it from ground zero with you....I’m not jealous of anybody’s career. We are all like the same thing. Keyshia’s on my album. I’ve worked with Ciara many times. I’m a fan of Beyoncรฉ’s.”

So, who is "Turning Me On'" about then?
Keri: “It’s anybody that ever tried to take me down and didn’t want to see me succeed. I’m not gonna call their names because I feel I’ve addressed it.”

If you're interested in hearing the interview interview, go here.


Beyoncรจ better not respond, because in the grand scheme of things she's a queen and this Keri character is a mere contestant in the R&B game.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i think that Kery is a great singer and i love her voice, and the most beutifull song is energy

Anonymous said...

hi i jost wanna say that you are very beutifull

Att:AGMZ

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm..... watever i mean who else do we know though that mentioned anything about going to the left (beyonce in her song IRREPLACEABLE)and why would you choose left lol..... anyways i mean no need to back pedal..... but my opinion is still that you were talking about Beyonce Giselle Knowles well Carter now but anyways i think someone should have told you someone besides whoever came up with the crappy plan because it made you look..... naive and also ruined your chances of becoming a great role model for girls and therefore becoming notorious.... but yea i guess its just a cheap way of getting a lil bit of sunshine on your pale behind. Not everyone makes it off of just talent i guess..... non original.

Anonymous said...

um no first off keri hilson is way better than beyonce and ciara to be real and honest she way prettier than them and i hope she do better than them to bekuhz her album is good i love her so much so all u haters need to fall back

Anonymous said...

FORREAL ALL 0F THEM R GREAT ARTISTS..... BUT ! BEL!EVE KER! H!LS0N T0 BE 0NE 0F THE BEST......
!TZ ALWAYZ G0N BE S0ME HATERS BUT @#%* THEM THEY WAC!!!!!

EVERY0NE N NE0NE !Z G0NNA HAVE S0METH!N T0 SAY N0 MATTER WAT ART!ST !T !S ! L00K UP T0 KER! AS WELL AS M0NICA, EVE, AND S0ME 0THERZ JUS T0 NAME A FEW.....
! L!KE S0ME 0F BEY0NCE` MUSIC AS WELL AS C!ARA'S......
BUT WEN !TZ TH!S MANY TALENTED FEMALE ART!STS !N THE GAME EVERY0NE !S G0NNA CH00SE A S!DE THATZ JUS ME ! GUESS..... BUT THATZ REAL SH!T......

KER! ! L0VE YA G!RL N0000000 H0M0 JUS SPEACK!N FR0M FAN T0 ART!ST......
L0VE...
%LAUrEN sUELyNN pH0En!X@

Anonymous said...

! MEANT SPEAK!NG L0LZ.....LMD0...
%LAuREN sUELyNN pHOEN!X@

Anonymous said...

yeaaa keri hilson u no wat u said it aint no need u tryin da change it jst scared so u want get your behind whopped chicken dnt tlk about no body and when ask u lyk no itz all good child bye

Anonymous said...

beyonce and ciara need da whopp your azz

Anonymous said...

useless post with useless theme with useless babble

Anonymous said...

I love Beyonce' and Keri! They are both beautiful and smart women!

Anonymous said...

Ummm..

Those are not the lyrics to Turnin' Me On.

Anonymous said...

Keri, I give you your props! Just stand your ground. If the song is about Beyonce...then say it. You from tha DEC...I know you ain't scared. In any case, Beyonce really does need to move it to the left...sell records, BITCH, and stop being a hooker. IF you're a married "woman," then act like one and not a tramp!

Anonymous said...

i think that beyounce, keri, and ciara are great singers and i could listen to them all day

Anonymous said...

im just now hearing about this today. if i was a singer i wouldnt even have sang anything like that cuz there is always gonna b drama when u do stuff like that. ppl need to leave keri alone. it was polow's idea in the first place, he wanted her to record it, so she did. they decided not to even release it. i kinda believe she's talkin bout b but then again nobody knows. polow wrote it, they should b asking him who it was geared to.

Anonymous said...

i think she's very pretty and i love her voices and her songs

Post a Comment