Saturday, November 8, 2008

Charlamagne Speaks


Speaking to SOHH, Charlamagne says he knew something was afoot at the radio station and that he had a feeling he would be let go.

"I feel like there was a red dot on the show," he told SOHH. "I felt like they were trying to get rid of the head, the bottom will eventually follow. If they'd get rid of Wendy, then I'm definitely gonna keep it moving because that's my peoples. But maybe they decided to do it another way."
"Me and Wendy and Kev are good 360percent," he said. "That's family, you know. That has nothing to do with any radio station, that's family." 
"I've had more radio job offers in the past two days than I've ever had in my whole radio career," he added. "I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, man. Like, I feel great, I feel relieved. And we're going into '09 and the number nine symbolizes change, and that's what 09 is, the highest level of change."  

For now, he will return to South Crack (that's South Carolina, for irregular listeners of the "Experience". He tells All Hip Hop:

“I will be doing a specialty show with WXBT 100.1 'The Beat' in Columbia... I can do that from up here and it will broadcast down there. Radio is like training, [you] have to stay on that bike to keep the conditioning up for when that big fight comes. I didn't have a non-compete clause, so I am able to work immediately in New York. I'm just weighing out my options right now.”

Good luck Charlamagne!
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment