Friday, January 9, 2009

Kanye Says Vibe Mag Aged Him Beyond His Years, He Wants Less Fans, Wishes to Pose Nude


Crazy Kanye is Vibe Magazine's February cover boy.

But, the soon-to-be-part-time-rapper, full-time fashion intern, and speaking-to-the-dead person, is not happy with cover photo.

Surprise. Surprise.

So, he blogs.
I DON'T HAVE GREY IN MY BEARD IN REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M ALL DOWN WITH BEINGS IN MY 30'S BUT DAAAAAAAAMN!!!! THIS IS SOME BENJAMIN BUTTON'S SHIT!

We kinda think you look like yourself, Kanye.

In the accompanying article, Kanye says he's not a violent person (he knows how to "control" his temper) and admits that "808’s & Heartbreak", which he considered releasing as a mixtape, is his best album -- to date.

“I do think it’s my best album to date. No, I actually know this is my best album to date. Do I think it will be my best album ever? No, Ill improve. Do I think there are mistakes in it? Yes. There has to be. I’m a human being. But I think it surpasses Graduation. These 12 tracks are going to resonate more than any 12 tracks of any album this year.”

Also, in the article Kanye said this:
"I made a decision. I wanna make popular music, but I want less fans....I want the freedom of having less fans. It's like the freedom of having less money. If you have less money, you have less responsibility. It's like Björk. If she wanted to pose naked, you'd be like, 'Oh, that's Björk.' But if I wanted to pose naked, people would draw all type of things into it. I definitely feel like, in the next however many years, if I work out for two months, that I'll pose naked. I break every rule and mentality of hip-hop, of black culture, of American culture."

Allrigghhhttt.

He considers "less" to be no more than 20,000 die-hard fans.

So, our question is: with a core fan base of 20,000, how will you afford your LVs, cribs and cars? Not that those things important, but since that's the life you lead now, will he then downgrade and shop at Kmart and share an apartment/house?

Oooooohh, of course Kanye has to stroke his own ego. Here it comes....

"I believe Beyoncé is the greatest performer of our generation. I believe I am the greatest entertainer of this generation. I go neck-and-neck on Jay-Z and [Lil] Wayne as far as who's the best lyricist. Jay-Z has longevity."



Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment