Friday, March 27, 2009

BangBang Explains Rihanna's New Gun


Gather 'round.

BangBang, the tattoo artist who caused quite a stir this with the new ink he placed under Rihann's right armpit. That ink? Handguns!

Now, he's explaining what the figure means.

"She flew me out for the purposes of tattooing one of her friends. I've tattooed her a few times, and she gave me a call and asked if I could come out to her house. I wound up tatting her as well. We've been playing with it for about a year, and I was at her house, and I suggested she finally get the gun," says BangBang who tattooed the stars on her back, the Roman numerals on her shoulder, and the word "Shhh ... " on her finger.

"I think it’s very empowering, very protective,” tattoo artist BangBang, tells E! News. “I think the gun is very strong and very powerful. She had a necklace that had the same little gun on it, and I loved it. I told her she should get it tattooed.”

Despite the violent connotations, BangBang insists the new ink has nothing to do with her beat down by Chris Brown.

“I think that if anything did happen with her that the tattoo has nothing to do with it,” he says. “I wasn’t there. I don’t know what happened, but she’s very much herself. She’s very happy, and she loves getting tattoos. I don’t think it has anything to do with it.”

But he says her spirits are high.

"I don't really know what's going on with her. She's great. She's perfect. We had a blast, and we had a lot of fun."

So, a man tells Rihanna she should get a gun tattooed on her person and she says, OK, great, let's do it?

Doesn't sound like a strong, powerful person to us.

We sure hope she doesn't turn into Krazy Kanye.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment