Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jackson Family Divided Over Paris' Speech


Anyone who watched the magnificent concert memorial yesterday celebrating the life of Michael Jackson, the heart-wrenching speech by Paris was the moment most will NEVER forget.

Fighting back tears, Paris said: "Ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine and I just wanted to say I love him so much."

But, now we hear there's some brouhaha brewing over in the Jackson family as to whether it was a good idea for Michael's daughter to step to the microphone and into the public domain after all these years hidden behind masks.

"At the end of the service, there was a bit of a disagreement within the assembled Jackson siblings on stage. While Janet, LaToya and Marlon felt it important for Michael's only daughter, Paris Katherine Jackson, to say a few words, some of the others - including Randy and Jermaine - weren't so sure," the Chicago Sun Times reported.

Despite the reservations, a close family friend believes the youngster's 26-word speech helped remind people it was a somber occasion.

The friend said: "I think it made everyone else cry, too, but that was OK. It made people realize this was a grief-stricken daughter pouring out her heart. I'll never forget that moment."



Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't see why that was such a big deal..it was incredibly touching and REAL....honey, I cried so much after that lil girl said that, I'm STILL dehydrated....I lost my dad 10 years ago this month, and it TORE ME UP when that lil girl said those pain-filled words....

GeorgiaPeach

Post a Comment