Wednesday, August 19, 2009

'Survivor' Richard Hatch Arrested After 'Today Show' Appearance


Tax evader Richard Hatch is back in the pokey.

During an appearance on yesterday morning's edition of "The Today Show", Richard maintained that CBS was responsible for paying the taxes on the $1 million prize he received by winning the first season of "Survivor" and surmised that he was prosecuted because he is gay.

“I know without question that there are personal issues involved for the prosecutor. I don’t know why. The prosecutorial misconduct has been egregious,” Richard told Matt Lauer. “He told the court I didn’t pay my taxes in 2000, and he told the court I haven’t been cooperative. The IRS specifically contradicts that. I don’t have a bill for 2000. I haven’t even been assessed for 2000. And I’ve been fully cooperative.”

Not long after the interview Richard was arrested at his sister's home in Newport, R.I., where he has been living under house arrest after serving nearly four years in prison for tax evasion, according to MSNBC.

He had been scheduled to be released from house arrest on Oct. 7, but his new detainment at a federal prison may put that hold.

BTW: Cops are mum as to why exactly Richard was arrested yesterday.


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment