Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TI and Lil Wayne's Daughters Form Girl Group


You know this was inevitable. There's a new pop group on the horizon and it features the daughters of two of the biggest names in hip-hop: TI's daughter Zonnique (a.k.a. Star) and Lil Wayne's daughter Reginae (a.k.a. Baby Carter). There are two other girls in the group, Basha (a.k.a. Beauty) and Lourdes (a.k.a. Lolo), but they're like Kelly and Michelle, no one will pay much attention to them. And that's sad.

The group, called OMG Girlz, is managed by TI’s fiancée Tiny. She's teaching the girls the rules of the game, like the importance of writing their own songs, because that's where the real money is.

The OMG Girlz have recorded a single called “Ain’t Nobody." It's not half-bad, actually. The girls sing about teen love and getting over boys, then Baby Carter drops her 16 bars, "My name is Reginae/ But you can call me Baby Carter/ They love me and they hate me cuz I'm Weezy F's daughter/ Yeah, I'm a brat and I think it's my world/ And I'm stuntin' like my daddy, cuz I'm daddy's little girl/ When I walk up in the spot, upgrades the room/ And if you standin' next to me, I will upgrade you too."

Lil Wayne has promised to collobo on a track with them before he heads to prison.

You can hear a snippet of "Ain't Nobody" on their Myspace page.

source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment