Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Is This The Face of a Terrorist?


Well, maybe Joan Rivers' old face, but not this one, thanks to the work by her trusty surgeon. Here's what happened: After vacationing in Costa Rica over the holidays, Joan was barred from boarding a flight bound for Newark on Sunday because a Continental Airlines gate agent deemed her passport suspicious. Why? The name on her passport is Joan Rosenberg a.k.a. Joan Rivers (Rosenberg is the name of her late husband).

"If I were going to make up an alias, I wouldn't pick Rosenberg. I'd pick Jolie or Pitt," she told the New York Daily News yesterday. "Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks? I can tell you Donna Karan does not make anything that hides a bomb....I tried the tears; they didn't work. I tried reasoning. I couldn't bribe because I didn't have any money. I said 'I'm going to have a heart attack over this,' so the woman called the paramedics."

With only $100 on her person (her daughter, Melissa departed earlier in the day), she drove 6-1/2 hours to the main airport in San Jose where the 76-year-old comedian was deemed less of a threat and allowed to board the aircraft.



source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment