Monday, January 18, 2010

When $19K A Month Is Not Enough


Montel Williams' two children with his ex-wife Grace Morley are well taken care of, but despite receiving $18,700 a month in child support, they say the talk show host is not a part of their lives.

So, for reasons unknown, they decided to speak to the New York Daily News, albeit in the presence of their life coach, who coincidentally says Montel owes her organization $100,000 and, according to Montel, has been keeping him from his children.

"My dad is now like a stranger," Wyntergrace, 14, says. "Everyone knows him as a great guy, but he's not making the best choices as a parent."

If you recall, several years ago Wyntergrace called Wendy on the radio and told her the same story.

She told the Daily News she's seen her father four times in five years and their last meeting - a therapy session in September - ended in a screaming match.

"He walked in already mad. He said he thought we were going to dinner, but my e-mail clearly said we were going to see my therapist," she said. "It was intimidating. I was thinking, 'Why should I talk if I'm just going to get yelled at?'"

Montel Jr, 16, paints the same picture.

"I wouldn't say I really have a relationship with my dad," he says. "He's not in my life right now. It's his choice....I eat every night. I'm comfortable, but I can't say I have him as a father. There's all this fighting over things that shouldn't be a fight, like paying for my PSAT."

The PSAT costs $45. Clearly, someone in the household can muster up $45. And if he's broke, he can plead financial hardship and the fee will be waived. Just saying.


source

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment