Thursday, March 11, 2010

Betty White Will Host SNL


The title of America's Sweetheart belongs to Betty White. Sorry, Tyra. (No, not that Tyra. We're referring to the other Tyra.)

After a massive Facebook campaign to encourage NBC to book Betty, 88, as a host of "Saturday Night Live", the network announced today that on May 8, Betty will host the show.

"SNL" executive producer Lorne Michaels told USA Today that he has "always wanted" Betty to host, and the Facebook campaign inspired him to go for it.

Betty admitted that she had turned down "SNL" three times years ago.

"It's so New York, and I'm not New York at all," she said. "But my agent said he'd divorce me if I didn't do it, and I love my agent."


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment