Thursday, April 15, 2010

Man Delivers Obituary to Newspaper, Then Hangs Self


A Placerville, Calif. man wrote and delivered an envelope containing an obituary and a suicide note to a local newspaper on Tuesday then hanged himself from a bridge.

Allan Leo Peters II, 64, wrote: "An explanation might be in order....Yes, I have hanged myself (At least I hope I did). ... I have had emphysema for the past few years, and lately it has been really hard to struggle to even catch a breath. I really cannot convey to you how very hard it was even to try to take a very deep breath. ... My life has been drastically altered in the past few years, and I believe in euthanasia."

The Mountain Democrat newspaper said they didn't open the envelope until 8am Wednesday morning -- by then, it was too late. Allan's body was found hanged at 7:30am from an old concrete bridge.

In addition to the obituary and suicide note, the envelope contained a photo of Allan (above) and a money order for $90 -- "the exact amount for an obituary with a picture included."

source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment