Thursday, May 13, 2010

Teacher Beats Down Student, Gets Fired


Sherri Davis will not be winning any award for Teacher of the Year -- ever. In this just released video obtained by the Houston Fox affiliate, the 40-year-old science teacher is seen kicking and assaulting a 13-year-old male special ed student at a local charter school. The boy, who didn't tell his mother of the beating which happened two weeks ago, is said to have suffered a black eye and bruises. (We know. There has to be more to this story.) Subsequently, the boy's mother has filed a lawsuit against the school and Sherri for assault and negligence. But wait! Sherri was a wanted woman. According to the Houston DA, Sherri is wanted on a criminal mischief charge stemming from her slashing a woman's tires (all four of them) with a knife in January 2009!

Before we forget: How You Doin, Sherri. Allrriiiggghhht!




Update: Here's what the mom said her son told her about what caused the beat down:
"Most of the students had been taking a test and then they put them in an empty room. They were all dancing around, playing and they had music going and they were dancing. One of the girls told my son 'Shut up, stop laughing at me or I'll punch you in the face.' My son was jumping around saying 'come on hit me then.' The teacher saw him through the window and that's when she came in saying 'You want to beat on little girls?' saying she should teach him a lesson. My son never touched the girl. She just went in there straight after him."

Update 2: Sherri held a press conference Friday (May 14), chile, to apologize.
"First off I would like to thank everyone that has showed a tremendous amount of support for me at this time. To my family and my friends, you've been awesome in displaying what true unconditional love is really about, and I thank you for that. Also to the students and the staff at Jamie's House Charter School. I appreciate you for all the support you've given me as well....I apologize for the pains that the result of the situation has brought us to. I apologize for this particular incident, and I am very regretful that this ever occurred....If I could go back again, I would do things much much differently." she said.

Again. We believe there's so much more to this story. We'll continue to update as the truth unfolds.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment