Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Man Gets Arrested For Shooting at Thugs Trying to Break Into His Home


George Grier of Long Island, NY was arrested and charged with reckless endangerment on Sunday night after -- get this -- he fired four warning shots at five men who were trying to burglarize his home and threatened to kill him, his wife and his children. George CBS2, “I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?'". The men, who George believed to members of the MS-13 street gang, then dared George to shoot them and not long after "20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass.” So, why was he arrested? Well, the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force and since the would-be robbers didn't actually pull a gun, George, who has a permit to carry the AK-47 (sidebar: why does anyone need an AK-47?), was thrown in jail.


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment