Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jimmy McMillan is Governor of the Internet


Last night was gubernatorial debate night in New York. Among the seven candidates vying for governor was a hooker, a confrontational figure and then there is Jimmy McMillan, the candidate of the Rent Is Too Damn High party. To call Jimmy awesome would be a disservice. This man is, well, the man. The 64-year-old self-professed karate expert has one singular agenda: lowering everyone's rent because -- say it with us -- rent is too damn high. Anyone who lives in the state (especially in New York City) can attest. Why is he wearing gloves you ask? Jimmy says: "Don’t forget I was in Vietnam for two and half years and I have three Bronze Stars, but the chemicals of Agent Orange dioxin and a lot of other chemicals mixed up — I would get sick. When I get home tonight, I know I’m not going to be able to breathe if I take them off. It could be psychological, I don’t know, but I just put 'em on and wear them anyway." His Web site is a trip, his facial hair is awesome, he's a rapper and he supports shoe marriage. So, for the love of all things decent, everyone vote for Jimmy on Nov. 2.

Update: Jimmy doesn't pay rent. According to the New York Times, Jimmy moved into an $800 a month one-bedroom apartment in Brooklyn, NY, in the 1980s. Almost as soon as he moved in, he lost his job at the postal service. The landlord felt sorry for him and agreed to let Jimmy live in the apartment rent-free if if he did maintenance work. That arrangement is still in effect today.



source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment