Monday, December 20, 2010

After a Year of Marriage, Woman Discovers Her 'Husband' Is a Woman


An Indian woman, Minati Khatua, (pictured) got the shock of her life recently after the man she married turned out to be a woman -- and a thief.
Minati, who was on a visit to her sister’s place in Rourkela two months before her marriage was approached by Sitakant Routray, a 28-year-old youth who claimed to be a friend of her brother. “He somehow had my mobile number and kept calling me now and then,” Minati said. Soon, Sitakant, who worked as a salesman for private firm, proposed Minati for marriage and approached her family. “He had impressed everyone in my family and they willingly agreed to our marriage,” said Minati. However, when Sitakant was asked to call his parents for talks, he seemed to avoid and made excuses. “After repeated requests from our side, he brought along two persons with him and introduced them as his aunt and brother. It was later that we came to know that they were not his real relatives,” she said. The aunt and brother were the only members present during their wedding on 14 September, 2009. The marriage was later registered in court and the so-called ‘aunt’ and ‘brother’ stood witness from the groom’s side.
....
In August this year, Sitakant’s family, including his mother, brothers and sisters visited Rourkela. “While others left, his mother stayed back with us for two months. The way she enquired me about our married life led me to be suspicious,” said Minati. “Ever since, I would try hard to find out and confirm his gender but failed repeatedly. However, one day I managed to force open the bathroom door when he was having a bath. My worst fears came true. He was a woman,” she added. However, Sitakant started crying and pleaded for forgiveness. He admitted that he had done a mistake and said he would come out with a ‘compromise’. “His brothers would call me up threatening to kill me and my family members if I inform others that my husband is a female. I was in a complete disaster. Finally I decided to approach the police today,” said Minati.
By the time Minati realized what was really going on, Sitakanta/Smutimoyee vanished with a car and a jeep bought with two bank loans Minati's name.

Yes, we know you're asking: Did they have sex? The answer is no. Whenever she made any attempt to do the do with her “husband,” he said they should wait for a few months more as “he” wanted to conduct a puja in a temple in Puri (a Hindi religious ritual) before having a sexual relationship with her.


source


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment