Thursday, April 21, 2011

Disabled Woman Head-Butts Mugger

A wheelchair-bound grandmother from Devon, England says she fought off a mugging attack by headbutting one of the teenagers, breaking his nose.
The 49-year-old, who is just five feet tall and registered disabled, was ambushed by three youths in hooded tops as she drove her mobility scooter along a road in Barnstaple, Devon, but fought back, causing them to flee empty-handed. The mother of six, who does not want to be identified, said that her 24 grandchildren would have expected her to be strong and not let the criminals have their own way. She said she had also been inspired by the memory of her dead brother. "They were not expecting me to fight back," she said. "I am a very strong person because of what I have gone through in my life. As they attacked me, I heard my grandchildren saying to me in my head 'Nan, get up and fight them'. "When I headbutted the robber I think I broke his nose, it was that strong. Once they saw me attack him his mates scarpered and so did he."
source
The woman was driving home on her scooter when the would-be robbers ambushed her and tipped over the vehicle. They started kicking her and one tried to take her bag. After the attack, she was taken to hospital where she was treated for head and stomach injuries and an existing condition made worse by the attack. Her scooter didn't fare well, it was left badly damaged and needs to be replaced. Sidebar: At 49, she has 6 kids and 24 grandkids? Carry on.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment