Monday, May 9, 2011

Student Arrested For Doodling on Desk



Messiah, a 10th grader at the High School of Art and Design in New York City, was arrested last month when he says boredom led him to draw on his desk in science class. The 15-year-old tells CNN he was suspended for three days and when he returned to classes he was summoned to the principal's office. "They arrested me, and then searched through my pockets and stuff again, made me take my book bag off and then handcuffed me when I got to the precinct they handcuffed me to the bench for a couple of hours," he said. The principal dropped the charges, but Messiah was still had to go to family court where a judge ordered him to complete community service. This is just another example of teachers involving the police in minor infractions. If you recall, a 12-year-old was arrested was doodling on her desk, too. And most recently a 7-year-old boy was handcuffed for throwing a temper tantrum in class.



via
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment