Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Women Take Matters Into Their Own Hands

A Bangladeshi woman (pictured) cut off a man's penis during an alleged attempt to rape her and took it to a police station as evidence.
Monju Begum, 40, a married mother of three, was allegedly attacked as she slept in her shanty in Mirzapur village, Jhalakathi, about 125 miles south of Bangladesh's capital, Dhaka. Mrs Begum told police that her neighbor Mozammel Haq Mazi, forced his way into her home and began attacking her. During the alleged assault, Mrs Begum said she was able to cut off Mr Mazi’s penis. "As he tried to rape her, the lady cut his penis off with a knife. She then wrapped up the penis in a piece of polythene and brought it to the Jhalakathi police station as evidence of the crime," said Abul Khaer, the local police chief. "It is quite an unusual incident. As far as I am aware, this is the first time that a woman has brought a severed penis to the police station as evidence." Mr Mazi, who denies the accusation, has been admitted to a nearby hospital. A surgeon said it had not been possible to reattach the organ. "We shall arrest him once his condition gets better," Khaer added. Mrs Begum told police that Mr Mazi, a married father of five, had been harassing her for six months. Mr Mazi’s said that he had been having an affair with Mrs Begum, but that he refused to leave his wife and that she had sought revenge by cutting off his penis. "We were having an affair and recently she suggested that both of us can go and settle down in Dhaka," Mr Mazi told the BBC from hospital. "I refused and told her that I cannot leave my wife and children, so she took revenge on me." The severed penis has been kept at the police station.
Meanwhile, in Germany...a woman set fire to a man in a mosque out of revenge after the man raped her.
The 36-year-old poured petrol over the 38-year-old man in a mosque in the city of Reutlingen, in Baden-W├╝rttemberg, before setting him alight. The woman was taken into custody on Sunday, on charges of attempted murder, according to the state prosecutors office and the police. The victim was admitted into hospital after the attack suffering from severe burns, however his life is not in danger. According to the police, the victim and the suspect have known each other for some time. The woman claimed she had been sexually abused and molested by the man. He, on the other hand, says that there was a consensual relationship. On Saturday afternoon, according to the police, the woman’s husband and the later victim got into a fight in a room in the mosque. People attending the mosque tried to separate the two men, but were unsuccessful. The woman then poured petrol from a canister she had brought with her and set him on fire. The man was able to run outside and, with the help of a witness, managed to take off the burning clothes.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...


Post a Comment