Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mother of Six Whose Food Stamps Was Cut Off: 'My Babies Don't Deserve That'


A major riot was averted in Atlanta's office that administers food stamps and Medicaid yesterday as some sort of "glitch" cut off the food stamps to dozens of hungry parents whose kids were also going hungry. Parents like Terry Clark whose six kids are literally wasting away -- you know, like those kids in Somalia -- and she only has 17 cents left on her EBT card. "There's no telling my kids we can't eat. I'm not taking no. [My babies] don't deserve that. Nobody should go hungry here in Georgia," she told WAGA5. Adds Destiny Lavender: "Me and my kids they haven't ate since this morning. I was supposed to get my food stamps yesterday and I didn't get nothing." Thankfully, the riot was averted and everyone can go back to work. Sorry, we meant, go back to making babies. Carry on.



source: WAGA
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment