Monday, November 7, 2011

Anorexic Mom Who Weighs Less Than Her 7-year-old Daughter: 'I’d Love to Eat, But I Can’t'

We were going to post this photo without comment, but the sheer absurdity and selfishness of this ill woman got us upset. Meet Rebecca Jones. She's the person on the right in the photo above. The 26-year-old British mother of a 7-year-old daughter named Maisy is literally starving herself to death and she's proud of it. For four years now, her diet consisted only of soup, toast and energy drinks and nine months ago she was hospitalized because her potassium levels were dangerously low and her blood pressure was extremely high. “When the doctor said my anorexia had caused part of my heart to die, I was petrified,” Rebecca tells Closer magazine. Even after that scare, Rebecca likes being thin. “Wearing the same clothes as Maisy gives me a sense of pride. It’s wrong but it makes me feel good," she says. “About 18 months ago, I went down to [70 pounds] I picked up one of Maisy’s skirts and it fits perfectly. Maisy is 4ft 5in and wears 9-11 clothes. We share tops and jeans. I don’t think I’m thin – I always see myself as bigger. I long to be normal, but I can’t help it.” In fact, she tells the magazine: “I’m terrified I won’t see Maisy grow up. I’d love to eat. I can think of nothing nicer than going out for lunch with Maisy but I can’t.” She claims the illness began at age 11, when her parents divorced and went into overdrive two years later when classmates began to bully because she weighed 210 pounds. The bullying stopped when she lost weight -- but by then the illness has taken hold of her body and mind.

source: Mirror
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment