Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Wishing Wendy Well With Her Sobriety


Well, hello there. It's been a while. We're still on hiatus, but wanted to pop in to wish Wendy well with her recovery.

This morning on her show, Wendy tearfully revealed that she's been living in a sober house -- where she's undergoing treatment for an unspecified addiction -- and attending “several meetings” around New York City. It's no secret the 54-year-old has LIIIIIVVVVVEEEEED. She talked about her cocaine use on the radio show and in her autobiography.

For two weeks, the Daily Mail has been following her movements and caught her at a rehab facility in Long Island City, NY. (The facility accepts people recovering from substance use, alcohol dependency, sex addiction, trauma, and eating disorders.) Every day during those two weeks, they've witness Wendy being picked up by a driver at 7am and taken to the studio in Manhattan. Kevin then takes her from the studio after the show's taping back to the facility. The Mail was about to go public with the story, so Wendy took power and revealed her truth.


"So, you know me for being a very open and truthful person. And I've got more to the story for you. Well, for some time now and even today and beyond I have been living in a sober house. And you know I've had a struggle with cocaine in my past. And I want you to know more of the story. I go to several meetings all around town in the Tri-state area. And I see my brothers and sisters caught up in their addiction and looking for help. It's been really interesting. This ride. Only Kevin and Kevin have known about this. Not my parents, nobody. Nobody knew. Because I was so glamorous out here. After I finished my appointments...I am driven by my 24-hour sober coach back to the home that I live in here in the Tri-state with a bunch of smelly boys who've become my family. They hog the TV and watch soccer soccer, we talk and read and talk and read then I get bored with them. Doors are locked by 10pm. Lights out by 10pm. So I go to my room, and I stare at the ceiling and I fall asleep to wake up and come back here to see you. So that is my truth."
She also revealed that her family foundation launched a substance abuse hotline last week and since then has placed more than 50 people around with world in drug treatment centers. As the late Martin Luther King Jr said: "You don’t have to see the whole staircase, you just have to take the first step.” Stay strong, Wendy.
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment