Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kanye's Ex is on the Come-up, Lands Reality Show


When BET rolls out it's new series "Harlem Heights" March 2, viewers will see Brooke Crittendon, not attached to Kanye West's hips, but as a real person.

"I was involved with a very famous rapper for a number of years," she said. "And I worked in the news and documentary department (at MTV). So a lot of our pop news involved myself. But because I sort of played the background to the person that I was dating, I had to go through people saying things about me or just sort of assuming who I was... I just was like, "I just want to let people know what I really am and what I really do. I'm not just this person's girlfriend."

"Harlem Heights," captures the "young, black and fabulous crowd" of one of New York's most famous neighborhoods. The cast includes a lifestyle editor for the basketball publication Dime magazine, an aspiring actress, a fashionista, a young man contemplating a career in politics and even a young dad. It's a group of friends moving out of college and into the working world.

The show also promises emotional drama, plus the cast's professional drama and the excitement and celebrations of last year's historical election night.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment