Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A-Rod Steams Up Details Magazine, Says Madonna is Just a Friend


Phine-ass New York Yankees' third baseman Alex Rodriguez adds his brand of sexiness to Details magazine and, just in case you want to hear what he says, instead of just staring at the photos, we've provided some excerpts.

It appears the truth serum is effective, not only at the Experience, A-Rod downed shots of Patrón before talking with the magazine. But then again, that was the day before the news broke that he was taking steroids.

He wanted to play basketball, but got a reality check.
"I quit baseball at the age of 12," he says. "I was convinced I was going to play in the NBA. And my mother gives me an NBA roster and a highlighter and says, 'Line out all the Dominican players you find there.' I looked for 15 minutes and couldn't find one. Then she pulls out a Major League Baseball roster—over 100 Latin players. 'Okay, Mom.' Two weeks later, I was back at baseball."

On Madonna:
"Well, we're friends," Rodriguez says. "She's an amazing entertainer. And it's been amazing how she's been able to stay on top for three decades. I have a lot of respect for her." He says he's enjoyed their conversations, and her counsel. "She's very smart," he says, "and she's passionate about everything she does." Rodriguez can't name anything specific he's asked Madonna for advice on, "but if there ever was any situation, she's a great ear to have, you know?"

How he met Madonna:
"I met her about 12 years ago in Miami, believe it or not," he says. "That's how we know each other. I was trying to buy her house, and I couldn't afford it."

More photos after the jump.







Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment