Friday, July 17, 2009

David Arquette Says Latina Women Are 'Nuts'


Actor David Arquette -- husband of Courtney Cox Arquette and brother of hot tranny mess Alexis -- was on Fox And Friends this morning to talk about people who go without food each day in America.

When the hosts asked him about Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, he decided to speak in broader terms, saying he thinks Latina women are "nuts."

"I think Latina women are, I mean, it depends on the woman, but I think they are very, they have great judgment, but there are some that are just nuts. I'm just saying," he said.

His editorializing is a telltale sign of foot-in-mouth disease.

Wondering what would first-hand knowledge he has, one of the anchors followed-up by pointing out that is wife isn't Latina.

To which he said: "But I'm from Los Angeles so we know all about the Latina women. "

[ watch video after the jump ]




Update: As expected, he apologized.
"I would like to issue an apology for the comments I made on Fox and Friends. My intent was to be humorous and not offensive. I have nothing but love and respect for Latina women and women in general of all cultural backgrounds. What saddens me most is that it took away from the issue of Hunger in America, for which I was on the show to begin with," he continued. "I work in a pantry in Venice California with a Hispanic women named Delpia (who has been feeding people at St. Joseph's Center for 29 years) and she is my personal hero. Having been raised in Los Angeles I have grown up with a deep and profound love for the Latino culture."


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment