Friday, July 17, 2009

Pass it Along: Russell Simmons Gives Money to 'Everyone That Asks'


In an interview today with New York magazine, Russell Simmons shares some things about himself most people wouldn't know. While we do know he's very generous with his time and money [he supports a myriad of charities], but we had no idea he was this generous.

Who's your favorite New Yorker, living or dead, real or fictional?
It changes daily for me. Today it’s Rev. Al Sharpton.

In one sentence, what do you actually do all day in your job?
Laugh.

Would you still live here on a $35,000 salary?
Sounds like Brooklyn’s calling!

What's the last thing you saw on Broadway?
A Raisin in the Sun.

Do you give money to panhandlers?
Every one that asks!

What's your drink?
Leafy green vegetables with a touch of apples from Liquiteria.

How often do you prepare your own meals?
Never, unfortunately.

What's your favorite medication?
Meditation!

What's hanging above your sofa?
A picture of my daughters Ming Lee and Aoki Lee.

How much is too much to spend on a haircut?
For me, one cent.

When's bedtime?
Somewhere between 11 p.m. and 11 a.m.

Which do you prefer, the old Times Square or the new Times Square?
Old Times Square.

What do you think of Donald Trump?
Love him. He reminds me of Richie Rich. Happy, funny, enjoying life.

What do you hate most about living in New York?
I struggle with the extreme poverty.

Who is your mortal enemy?
I don’t have one! Just kidding ... myself.

When's the last time you drove a car?
Rallying support last weekend in the Hamptons for my upcoming Art for Life benefit.

How has the Wall Street crash affected you?
It’s much harder to raise money for my charities.

Where do you go to be alone?
My meditation room.

What makes someone a New Yorker?
Cross the city lines and reside somewhere in one of the five boroughs.



source


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I find him to get me some change?

Post a Comment