Friday, July 24, 2009

Tracy Jordan is Not Tracy Morgan


Tracy Morgan wants you to know there's difference between him and Tracy Jordan, the character he plays on "30 Rock", a role for which he received his first Emmy nomination last week.

"Tracy Jordan is a part of Tracy Morgan," he tells USA Today. "Tracy Morgan isn't a part of Tracy Jordan. Tracy Jordan is just a figment of somebody's imagination. Tracy Morgan isn't as unstable as Tracy Jordan. This is weird for me to talk in third person. Tracy Morgan doesn't run down the street in his underwear. I don't party no more."

After a much publicized alcohol abuse problem, which landed him several DUI arrests, he says he's been sober for more than a year.

"I get my party on. The alcohol is dead now. But I still like to have a good time. I'm more professional now. I'm more mature now. When I'm filming a movie, it's like a boxer: no sex, no partying, no none of that. I like to focus on what I'm doing. As you start getting nominated for Emmys and start doing movies with people, the expectations start to go up a little more. I'm not going to falter to that. I'm just going to stay funny, stay regular."

And, as for that Emmy, he expects to win. Listen to what he plans to do with it.




source


Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment