Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kanye Thrust into Lady Gaga's Gay World


Lady Gaga makes it a point to thank her nation of gay fans for propelling her to international stardom, so before she began touring with Kanye, she laid down the law. In Out magazine's September cover story, Gaga told Kanye: she's gay, her fans are gay, get used to it.
Before agreeing to tour with Kanye West this fall, Gaga told the rapper, “I just want to be clear before we decide to do this together: I’m gay. My music is gay. My show is gay. And I love that it’s gay. And I love my gay fans and they’re all going to be coming to our show. And it’s going to remain gay.” That’s another clause in the Gagaland constitution: Gay culture shall gush undiluted into the rapids of society. It shall not be co-opted, fancified, dolled up, or Uncle Tommed. “I very much want to inject gay culture into the mainstream,” she says, “It’s not an underground tool for me. It’s my whole life. So I always sort of joke the real motivation is to just turn the world gay.”

Gaga and Kanye should get along fine. From what he's said, he has no problem hanging with gay people.


source via
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment