Monday, August 10, 2009

NYC Hot Dog Vendor Evicted After Failing to Pay $54K Monthly Rent For Street Corner


A New York City hot dog vendor has been evicted from his prize spot outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art because he couldn't pay the $53,558 monthly rent.

Snack cart owner Pasang Sherpa, pictured, had a deal with the city's parks department that required him to pay almost $643,000 per year for the vending rights near the museum steps.

He says he was $310,000 behind on his payments when he was evicted.

After hearing his story, fellow vendor Dan Rossi said Pasang can sell hot dogs at one of his carts.

"He's gonna work for me now," Dan told the NY Daily News. "Nobody's gonna touch him now without talking to me. The guy was crying. They pushed him out."

"Yeah, I'll work for him now," Pasang said yesterday. "It's better than nothing."

"Last night I couldn't sleep," he said. "I've got kids who have to go to college. I don't know what I'm going to do."


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment