Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Caster Semenya Gets a Glam Makeover


Caster Semenya, the South African track and field star and world champion at 800 meters, who is currently undergoing tests to prove she is, in fact, female, has traded in her spikes and running shorts for pumps and designer dresses and it's all splashed across the pages of You, a local magazine.

In an accompanying interview, Caster tells the magazine: "I'd like to dress up more often and wear dresses but I never get the chance. I'd also like to learn to do my own makeup....I've never bought my own clothes – my mum buys them for me. But now that I know what I can look like, I'd like to dress like this more often."

According to the magazine, after the shoot, Caster purchased all of the clothing.

And as for the rumors that she's actually a man, she's taking it in stride.

"I see it all as a joke, it doesn't upset me," she says. "God made me the way I am and I accept myself. I am who I am and I'm proud of myself."


source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment