Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bret Michaels Released From Hospital


Bret Michaels was released from a Phoenix hospital this afternoon after he was rushed to intensive care April 22 following a severe headache. Once there, doctors discovered bleeding at the base of his brain stem. While it was reported the the Poison frontman suffered an aneurysm, tests came back negative and doctors still don't know what caused the bleeding.

Dr. Joseph Zabramski said that Bret “can walk but he’s not walking very well.” He added that the rocker had no problems with slurred speech, but that he was experiencing severe back pain. He would continue to be monitored outside the hospital.

"I really expect that he will fortunately make a 100 percent recovery. He's just one of those lucky people, the 10 to 15 percent who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage who make a complete recovery and are able to resume all their normal activities," Dr Zabramski added.

Bret currently appears on the Celebrity Apprentice and we have a suspicion that he's s one of the final two contestants who will duke it out at the live finale in a few weeks. Just a hunch.


Update: Bret tells People magazine, he feels "lucky to be alive." He recalled being asked in the emergency room by a doctor if he had kids. He says doctors told him to have the kids brought to the hospital. "And I said in these exact words, 'Am I dying? If I'm dying, I want to see my kids, but if I have a chance, I don't want them to see me in this condition.'"



source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment