Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WATCH: After 25 Years, Oprah Bids Adieu to Talk Show


This afternoon, the final episode Oprah Winfrey's talk show aired. There were no guests, the audience received no gifts -- instead the talk show queen spoke directly to her audience, telling them "something in me connected with each of you in a way that allowed me to see myself in you and you in me. I listened and grew, and I know you grew along with me." She told viewers that sometimes she was a teacher, but more often her viewers instructed her. She called the finale episode her "last class from this stage." At one point she thanked viewers for sharing her "yellow brick road of blessings" - something she said back in November 2009, when she announced that she would end her show. "I won't say goodbye. I'll just say, until we meet again," she said. She hugged and kissed her long-time boyfriend Stedman Graham and shook hands with audience members before walking through the halls of Harpo Studios in Chicago, hugging and crying with her staff. She shouted, "We did it!" The last shot of the finale showed Oprah walking away with her cocker spaniel, Sadie. On to her next show.

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment