Wednesday, May 9, 2012

President Obama Comes Out in Support of Gay Marriage


This is a big deal. In an interview with Robin Roberts that will air on “Good Morning America” Thursday, President Barack Obama says he supports same-sex marriage. He's the first sitting president to do so. Obama says: “I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married." He does add that the decision whether to allow same-sex marriage should be left to the states, however. We applaud the president for standing up for what's right. Republicans and the church Haters and homophobes are going to blow a gasket.


source: ABC News
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment