Monday, June 17, 2013

Chad 'Ochocinco' Johnson Released For Jail, Calls Judge a 'Blessing in Disguise'


Former NFL star Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson left the Miami jail Monday afternoon and called the judge who put him there a blessing in disguise. Earlier in the day, the 35-year-old appeared before Broward County Circuit Judge Kathleen McHugh to apologize for for disrespecting her courtroom when he slapped his attorney on the backside last week. She accepted his apology and cut back his jail term for a probation violation from 30 days to the seven days he had already served. On his way home, he told reporters: "I had a lot of time to reflect, a lot of time to think, think about where I have been, where I am now, and where I am going. Other than that man, it's just, I have to make my next move, my best move." He added: "A lot of people have tried to get me to slow down in life. Coaches, agent, lawyer, and there was one person that was able to do it, and that was my judge Ms. McHugh. Little does she know it, I love her to death. But basically, what she's been, is a blessing in disguise." He will remain in probation until October 16, receive counseling sessions twice a week and work on community service hours. Chad is on probation after pleading no contest to head-butting his then-wife, Evelyn Lozada, during an altercation last August. She quickly filed for divorce after barely a month of marriage and Chad, a six-time Pro Bowl wide receiver, was immediately released by the Miami Dolphins.



source: WTVJ

Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment