Monday, May 18, 2009

Eminem and Elton John Still BFFs, Album Inspired By Serial Killers



Years after Sir Elton John performed a duet with Eminem at the Grammy's amidst a whirlwind of controversy, the rapper has still remained friends with the gay icon. In an interview with the Metro Times, Emimen says, while he was dealing with his drug addiction, he sought out Sir Elton's advice.
"I talk to Elton [John] a lot. We became friends and I talk to him about things, career wise. And he had a substance abuse problem in the past. So when I first wanted to get sober, I called him and spoke to him about it because, you know, he's somebody who's in the business and can identify and relate to the lifestyle and how hectic things can be. He understands like the pressure and any other reasons that you wanna come up with for doing drugs, you know. Me and him have had similar lives and stuff. So I reached out to him and told him, 'Look, I'm going through a problem and I need your advice.' I also talked to T.I. a lot and, you know, we exchange advice."

Sidebar: The controversy stemmed from Sir Elton - who is very gay - deciding to perform with Emimen - whose lyrics are homophobic and misogynistic lyrics - at the 2001 Grammy Awards.

Eminem, in another interview, admits that his album, Relapse, was inspired by his obsession with mass murderers.

"I did find myself watching a lot of documentaries on serial killers," he says. "I mean, I always had a thing for them," he said. "Oh, that's not twisted in itself at all, right? "I've always been intrigued by them and I found that watching movies about killers sparked something in me. The way a serial killer's mind works, just the psychology of them is pretty f***ing crazy. I was definitely inspired by that, but most of the album's imagery came from my own mind."

source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suspect

Anonymous said...

ooo chile,yes!
how u doing Em?

Post a Comment