Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blind Man Arrested for DUI


Mark Watson of Bartlesville, Okla. is blind. Allegedly. The 41-year-old was arrested and charged with DUI, leaving the scene of an accident, driving under suspension and assault on a police officer. During his hearing on Monday, Mark collapsed in the courtroom, striking his head on the jury box on the way down. The judge asked him he was OK, to which Mark replied: “No, I’m blind.” A breathalyzer test was administered by sheriff's deputies and it proved that Mark was drunk. He was re-arrested.
The initial charges stemmed from Watson's arrest early Monday morning after he had reportedly been involved in a hit and run crash in Bartlesville. Bartlesville Police investigating the 2:28 a.m. crash found Watson's vehicle and questioned him. In the probable cause affidavit filed with the court, Watson told officers, "I'm fucking drunk, I was driving but I did not run the stop sign. That fucker hit me." The affidavit goes on to say Watson refused to take a blood or breath test, telling the officers, "I ain't taking no fucking tests. I'm fucking drunk. I'm blind anyways and I can't drive."
While he was being arrested, he shouted profanities at police and kicked an officer.



source
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment